This week is all about Harry Potter (inspired by Beauty VIP Lainey) and the misc characters that built the franchise. I have asked our Beauty VIP's to pick a character and write about them. We've got so many pictures and information about the cast that you may or may not have known...Let's get started...
Last November (2013), marked the 12-year anniversary of the release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. For those of us who grew up with the Harry Potter franchise, it's easy to forget just how young the stars of these films were when they brought Hogwarts to life in 2001 (In 2001, I was 15 years old - it doesn't seem that long ago when I remember the first movie to be released, but it was.)
Many of the actors and actresses have undergone notable "physical transformations" since the first movie...and a few random facts from the books that weren't mentioned in the movies!
First off, Harry Potter himself.
Okay, I have something to say about this one...I thought he had a childish cuteness to him and felt bad when all the horrible (magical) stuff would happen to him...LOOK AT HIM NOW!
Fred and George:
NOW FOR SOME TRIVIA!!!
- Harry married Ginny. They had three children (not two like the movie said): James Sirius, Albus Severus and Lily Luna.
- Hermione and Ron married and had two children (which the movie was right): Hugo and Rose.
- Draco married and had one son (like his father): Scorpius Hyperion.
- George Wesley married a Quidditch teammate: Angelina...they had two children, Fred (haha) and Roxanne.
- Harry and Ron joined the Auror Department at the Ministry of Magic.
- Hermione became a high-ranking official in the Department Magical Law Enforcement (totally saw that one coming).
- The Dementors were no longer used by the Ministry of Magic.
- Minerva McGonagall became headmistress of Hogwarts.
- Harry ensured that Severus Snape's portrait was restored to its proper place in the Hogwarts headmaster's office.
- Neville Longbottom became the Hogwarts Herbology professor (no surprise there).
- Harry and Ginny's children stole the Marauder's Map and snuck it into Hogwarts.
- Harry, Ron and Hermione became memorialized in Chocolate Frog cards.