What's your most memorable back-to-school outfit?
Jackets are everything. They have the power to make or break an outfit,
and I would add an oversize one to any look.
Let's get back into the swing of school again.
Still feeling like it's going by too slow?
Think of making an investment to your fabulous future!
Follow these simple guidelines to help you get back into the swing of things:
1. K-12: See number 2.
College: Go back a few days early. Slip into your snuggie and head back to campus. Pick up some supplies and take care of any household chores.
- While using those extra days before the semester begins, meet up with some old friends at the local coffee house. Because texting and Facebook chat can only do so much. Get up off your booty and hang out with your friends.
- Check out where your classrooms are, if you aren't familiar with the campus. If your classes are one right after another, you can time yourself to see how long it would take you to get from one classroom to the next to give yourself enough time in the morning to get ready properly.
- Instead of wasting your hard earned money on take-out every day and night, go do a big grocery shopping a few days before classes begin. That way, you'll have food for the week(s) ahead.
2. This works for all grades. Write down your schedule in a planner. (I don't know many children that do this, but it's a good idea for the parents to keep everyone's schedule in order. - No surprises!)
- Many of us know that if we don't have a planner, life can become a mess trying to remember what needed to be done that day. In addition to classes, homework due dates, part/full-time jobs (possibly more than one) and any extracurricular activities - we need to even have time of yourselves (haha). Top that off with remembering to eat (well), working out, somewhere squeezing in a social life - seems like we need a fairy godmother!
- Very important - All Ages! Start eating breakfast again! Lunch has probably replaced Breakfast as the first meal of the day over the years, but this year you need to have a good change. It will give you more energy throughout the day. It doesn't have to be a full plate of pancakes and eggs, but something for breakfast, anything would be a good start to a change for the better.
- Try an On-the-Go Breakfast bar and fruit. Made for the grab and run out the door. You can eat these on the bus, while walking on campus -anywhere, really.
- Quick and easy: Yogurt and fruit. Combos are endless when you have even 60 seconds to grab a bite to eat before running out the door.
- Warm and Toasty: Instant oatmeal and a banana. Perfect for the winter time.
- Energy Boosting: Whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Whole grain is rich in fiber, and protein from the peanut butter will help fuel you as the day goes on.
As last night was MTV's VMA's be sure to stay tuned to our MTV beauty secrets.
See you next time,