I truly believe that accessories can make or break an outfit. A true Beauty O'holic can differentiate between the accents that are worth spending a pretty penny on and those of-the-moment adornments that are okay to pass up. Luckily, this is a trend you don't have to splurge on.
Not only do these brightly hued jewels liven up an otherwise dull outfit, they instantly add a playful yet interesting touch, giving your look a bit more depth and freshness.
This bold statement is staking its claim, so expect to see more sparkles and brighter colors than ever this summer/fall. You want to show off your style without layering on blazers, hats and scarves, throw on an eye-catching statement necklace over a breezy maxi for a quick and effortless ensemble.
Stick to these guidelines and you'll be set for this trend:
- This stand out piece looks best when styles with a simple outfit. Styling your go-to little black dress with various statement necklaces is a fabulous way to add a trendy twist to an old classic.
- Keep the rest of your jewelry simple, especially your earrings. You don't want to look like a little girl who overindulged in her mom's jewelry box. By keeping your jewelry simple, you are letting the statement pieces speak for themselves.
- If you have a larger bust, it is important to opt for shorter necklaces that don't lie direction on your chest.
- When choosing a bright colored necklace, think of the colors that you wear the most frequently and purchase a necklace that will compliment your existing wardrobe.
- Store your oversized necklaces on hangers to keep them from tangling, bending or breaking. This will keep your necklaces from sliding and clumping together.
Bright color necklaces are fun accessories to add to your jewelry collection. Keep your outfit simple and avoid crazy prints in order to let your statement piece speak for itself. If you're experiencing a styling slump, I always like to refer to the color wheel to help inspire fun and unexpecting combinations, like yellow and purple, which creates a complimentary color scheme.
If you're nervous about pairing color with color...don't worry. You're a silver or gold loving gal? There are hundreds of fabulous statement necklaces clambering to give you a metallic moment this summer. They're pretty much guaranteed to match every piece in your wardrobe.
See you next time,