Saturday, September 06, 2014

My Summer Vacation

Written By: Shannon Boyce

At the beginning of the season, I pledged that this could be the best summer of my life. Why? I have always dreamed of having that picture perfect summer. You know, the one you look back on and smile about years after. I imagined summer months full of exciting days, new experiences, and great friends. Despite my desire to have the best summer ever... I never though it would actually happen. And then it did.


My summer started like any other: hot days, short shorts, and afternoons in the sunshine. It was shaping up to be a nice but unremarkable few months. Then my whole life turned around. My boyfriend and I took a weekend getaway to Upper Canada Village. (It's a village set in 1800s Ontario that is full of old houses and other pioneer era memorabilia.) We had a nice day full of novelty pictures and beautiful scenery. AS we left the village, my boyfriend walked me over to this big fountain out front... where he got down on one knee and proposed.

After two and a half years together, my whole world turned upside down. In the best possible way, of course! Even though we had already talked about getting married, I thought an engagement was another year or two away. But then it happened and it caught me completely by surprise. It was the best moment of my entire life. Shocked, happy, and blissfully in love...that is how I spent my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...