Saturday, September 13, 2014

How Detoxing Has Helped Me

I've been doing detoxes on and off since I was about 16, when my mother found raw foodism and in turn learned about it as well. No one in the house would do one with her, so I somehow got dragged into it!


Now, I'm the first to admit that I am a huge fan of them; they provide so many benefits and always leave me feeling better.


But first, let me explain what a cleanse is! Most last about a week or two, and they are juice or smoothie based - in other words they are liquid based.

Pros:
  • Detoxing will leave you feeling healthier, happier and even help improve your ability to deal with stress.
  • They will improve your brain, leave you with energy, and clean up skin.
  • Detoxing can help aid in weight loss, because most of us have 5-10 lbs of waste in our bodies that we are unable to digest - the detox will do that for us.
Cons:
  • Most detoxes are juice or smoothie based, which means it's suggested you go a week or two without solids. This is safe because you are getting your nutritional value from the fresh fruits and smoothies, but I know it makes a lot of people lose interest. 
  • It can be draining on your energy.
  • Lastly, detoxing is not nice. It is not fun and it is not pleasant; the results are great and makeup for the crappy feelings while you are detoxing, but I will put everything out on the table right now.
As I mentioned before, both my mother and I have dot feeling better. s lose weight and come out of it feeling better. But the big con to this, for most people, is that a cleanse is not a quick fix! Yes, it will help you lose weight, but if you want to keep it off you have to continue to eat right and exercise.

If you are interested in looking into cleanses more, I suggest any of Ani Phyo's books. They are well informed, easy to follow and full of simple tips!

~Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...