- Read a book online, or listen to one. These days, almost any book you want to read can be found online with a simple Google search of "[insert book title] pdf." Or if you're into audio books, they can be downloaded from your local library's website. Not a library cardholder? Check YouTube to see if someone else has uploaded the book. As a last resort, you can sign up for audible.com and get your first book free.
- Build a blanket fort. I don't care how old you are. There is nothing more childishly fun than building a blanket fort out of chairs, blankets, and heavy books. Throw some pillows and magazines in there for good measure.
- Experiment with a new look. Make a pile of all the makeup and clothing you've never tried because you simply don't know how. Look at examples on Pinterest or blogs, and then try to recreate them. Or skip that and experiment to your heart's content.
- Go outside, even if "outside" is just your backyard. I know, I know, outside is intimidating. But doesn't that sunlight feel good on your skin? Walk around, sit in the dirt, take some pictures, and enjoy yourself.
- Volunteer. Obviously volunteering requires time and occasionally skill, so it's not for everyone. Do some research into charities and organizations in your area. Nothing of interest there? If you know someone who owns a small business, see if you can volunteer a few hours of your time learning how their business operates. Or finally, offer to help a friend with whatever daunting task they're avoiding.
- Upcycle something you would otherwise throw out. Jars and the like can be painted and used as decorations or storage. Clothing can be turned into pillows with some minor sewing skills and stuffing. Cardboard boxes can be covered to make cute storage, or cut into smaller pieces and covered with fabric to make wall art. The point is, whatever you've got can be re-purposed.
- Do something you've been putting off. That closet you swore to reorganize months ago? The stuff inside has not gone away just because you avoided it and kept the door shut (with great difficulty). Whatever you're procrastination doing probably won't take you that long, and you'll be glad you got it out of the way.