Sunday, August 10, 2014

Diet for Healthy Hair


We all want healthy hair - right? We put so much time and money into our products, but sometimes we forget the most important thing...our diet.

I know, I know...this is a beauty blog not a diet / health blog, but read on - I promise it will be worth it. The reason I want to talk about nutrition is because all the products in the world can't make up for a good diet and since our hair isn't important to our overall well-being, our body is going to take nutrients from our hair to give to other aspects of our body if we are not getting enough overall.


Let's start with the most important part of our hairs nutrition system...protein. Our hair is 80 - 90% protein, so it's pretty important that we get enough. I work out a lot, so I get about 1 gram of protein per pound I weigh, I need to take protein supplements for this, but it seems to work pretty well for me - my hair grows an inch a month.

Moving on to...Vitamin C. It's going to help build collegian - you know that stuff companies always brag about having in their products? Well, just up your intake of carrots, grapefruit, or kiwi.

There are 2 other vitamins you want to get. Vitamin A and Vitamin B; A ~ because it is what it helps the growth of new cells. Note: this is one of those vitamins that you do not want to get too much of, as it can actually be damaging.

Best ways to get Vitamin A are through foods like cherries, asparagus and mangos. You want Vitamin B, because it helps to create red blood cells and those a responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the body. Eggs, cheese and milk are great sources.

Last, but not least...water.
We hydrate our body from the outside, right? Why not do double duty and hydrate from the inside as well? But, water is more than that. Water hydrates, but it also helps keep our body moving and...well, as gross as this may sound it helps keep our body clean.

~Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...