Saturday, June 07, 2014

What's In My Stress Relief Kit?


As someone who suffers from extreme anxiety, I have an arsenal of things to help combat stress before it turns into a full blown anxiety attack. Some of them work, and some of them don't, so I thought I'd show you a few of the things that work for me.



Essential Oils: Different essential oils have different effects, especially among different people, but I find that a mix of lavender and peppermint works best for me! I massage a little bit into my temples and wrist, and then I dab just a touch on my nose.

I also have a product called Mygrastick, which is a little rollerball containing lavender and peppermint essential oils. I keep it in my purse in case I need it on the go, and it lasts quite a while. Unfortunately, the only place I've seen to buy them online is Amazon, so I just buy 2 or 3 at a time.


Stress Balm: I was given a little jar of Mary's Song Stress Balm a little over a year ago, and even though I use it every day, there's still a ton left. It's amazing stuff, chock full of essential oils, beeswax, coconut oil, and some other things. I like to get a pea size amount, warm it between my fingers, and massage it into my pulse points (temples, neck, wrists, etc). About 5 minutes later I'll feel substantially better.

Don't know what Mary's Song is? It's a women's rehabilitation center here in New Orleans that makes profit from making and selling great beauty products through their website, here.


And lastly...A Book: If all else fails, there's one surefire way for me to relax - to crawl into bed in my most comfortable pajamas and read for a while! It's not always practical or possible, but when it is, it's a treat.

Lainey Lorio
The Belle Beauty Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...