Monday, June 02, 2014

Summer 2014 Reading List

If you ask anyone who knows me, they'll tell you I spend 50% of my time reading (the other 50% involving sleep and food). This summer is no different! I've purchased and been given a ton of books over the last few months, and I plan to read as many as possible. Some of the books on my list are parts of series', but genres, so there's no chance I'll become bored. The books are, in no particular order:

  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
  • City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready
  • Wither by Lauren Destefano
  • If I Stay by Gayle Forman
  • Perfect Ruin by Lauren Destefano
 

  •  The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  • Vampire Academy by Rachel Mead
  • Orleans by Sherri L. Smith
  • The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos
  • Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
  • Love Letters To The Dead by Ava Dellaira
  • A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkein
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by Jogn Boyne
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
  • The Oddysey by Homer
  • Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
  • TMI by Patty Blount
  • High and Dry by Sarah Skilton
  • Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle
  • This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl
  • The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
  • Good Poems for Hard Times selected by Garrison Keillor
  • City of Thieves by David Benioff
  • Laura by Vera Caspary
  • The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst
  •  The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
  • The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  •  The Mistress's Daughter by A.M. Holmes
  • True Grit by Charles Portis
  • The Dairy of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  • Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume II by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Not Pictured:
  • Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
  • Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  • The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkein
So that's my summer reading list! I don't really except to finish all of them, and I'm sure there are some I won't enjoy, but I can't wait to get started. What are you planning on reading this summer? Have you read any of these?

Lainey Lorio
The Belle Beauty Blog

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lainey...I, too, am a compulsive reader..last year i was given a nook and have both nook and kindle reader apps on my phone and tablet. They can also be dowoaded onto a computer.

    You have quite an ambitious list but I d like to suggest a few more, this time by an indie author Lori L Otto.. You can get the prequel NOT TODAY BUT SOMEDAY for free which is how I learned of her and met her characters. As soon as I finished, I went on Amazon and bought the next 3 books bundled as the EMI LOST & FOUND trilogy.

    I have had books bring me to tears before but I was out and out sobbing so badly, I had to keep a box of tissues near me just so I could wipe my eyes to see the words.

    She has a talent for bringing you into the story so that you are experiencing what her characters are feeling. Definite book hangover when it was done. She is working on another series based on one of the characters. Having read the first of that series as well, I was lucky enough to be chosen to receice an advance readers copy to review. The book is every bit as good as the first 5...while being told from a totly different perspective.

    They are quick read...at least give the free prequel a shot...I d love to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyl,

      Thanks so much for the suggestions! Lori L. Otto's books sound amazing! I just downloaded the prequel, and I'll start reading it soon.

      Delete
  2. I have read some of those: I loved The Giver and Time Travelers wife. I also read Gatsby and Wuthering Heights. I have a whole pile of books I need to get through this summer as well including a few from Game of Thrones...my sis loved them but with so many books in the series its just so much of a commitment lol.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! I'm thinking I'll start Game of Thrones soon, after I finish The Two Towers. Everyone tells me how great they are, so I'll let you what I think when I finish it!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lainey, You have a great reading list, I also love to read, you should check out The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of The Husband's Secret! In fact, I think my cousin is reading it now. I'll try to borrow it from her this summer!

      Delete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...