Thursday, June 05, 2014

Misc Hair Tips

Hello Ladies,



  1. Lay off the hot styling tools. Some ladies will have pieces of hair breaking off in the front, because they have straightened their strands so much. You don't need to run the thing over the same section of hair over and over. One to two times is perfectly fine, then STOP. It looks great; trust me.
  2. Remember: It's only hair. I always want to cry when my go-to hairstylist cut off more dead ends than I would have liked. It's only hair, ladies. Chop it off, experiment with something new. It'll grow back, and if you hate it, well, there are always extensions!
  3. Stiffer does not mean better. For special events like prom and homecoming, I was super obsessed with extra hold hairspray to make sure my hair didn't go anywhere. Don't worry...with the amount of bobby-pins and hairspray you have, you're hair will stay up long enough for you to have your professional pictures done and for you to go boogie on the dance floor. There was even one year, for my senior prom, that I took all the bobby-pins and ponytails out of my hair and my hair was still in the same style with only hairspray in it.
  4. Cornrows aren't flattering past the age of 11. Sure, celebrities like Beyonce and even that crazy Ke$ha can pull them off, but realize that they are in the entertainment industry.
  5. Don't shampoo your hair every day. Shampooing your hair every day can actually strip it of its natural oils, which give it that gorgeous shine and healthy look in the first place.
  6. The quality of your products does matter. High quality, salon products are absolutely worth the investment. However, you can't use gobs of shampoo and conditioner that you would usually use from a $2 generic bottle compared to a $16 bottle of shampoo and conditioner from brand name salon.
  7. Super tight ponytails can cause breakage and hair loss. In high school and occasionally around the house, I will have my hair in ponytail...however, a tight ponytail can cause friction breakage and eventually even lead to hair loss. Eek. Loosen that ponytail up, or at least rock a soft scrunchie at night.
  8. Your natural hair color is gorgeous too. We all want what we don't have. I had a full head of thick hair in high school, however, after having my little girl, that changed.
  9. Embrace your curls (or lack of 'em). My hair has always been curly and straight, a frizzy wave if you will. I absolutely despise my hair...however, a few swipes of the high iron and boom...the hair I want! I don't over-do it though...see #1.
  10. Every hair doesn't have to be in place. Messy is hot, perfection is not! Your hair shouldn't be stressing you out to the max, and if it is, it's simply not worth it.
  11. Touchy Touchy - this is also a pet peeve of mine. If you like the way to your hair after you've finished styling and are on your way out the door...the only reason you should be touching your hair is because you're putting it up or moving it so you can see. Ladies, you don't need to constantly touch your hair for any reason...and guy's don't think it's a flirting technique of ours...they may think you have lice.
See you next time,

HJ

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...