Monday, May 05, 2014

Making Time For Mom

Written By: Shannon Boyce


It's hard finding a lot of spare time these days. Thanks to all of the responsibilities we have (both at work and at home) it can be pretty difficult to make room for the things we actually care about. You know, like spending time with loved ones. Yes, it seems our to-do lists have gotten longer in the last couple of years. We're expected to act like superwoman all day, every day.
I don't know about you - but this is something I've struggled with lately. Trying to build a life and career requires sacrifices. Those sacrifices include a limited social life and fewer hours clocked with the family. Since I've been more absent than I'd like, I decided: I am going to make Mother's Day special this year.


Growing up, I used to give my mom a handmade card and breakfast in bed each year. I couldn't afford an elaborate gift, so I chose something sentimental instead. Now that I'm older, I still have that desire to make her day memorable. My mom is such a huge part of my life...and I want to give her everything that she deserves.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing is more important than family. That is what makes Mother's Day so important! It is a time to celebrate all of the sacrifices, hard work, and the love that our mothers give us day after day. It is an opportunity to show our appreciation - and spoil our mom's in every way possible.


This is why I am giving my mom the gift of time this year. Quality time. Sure, we see each other - but I am usually typing away on my computer or I am venting about work. It's not quite the same thing as a good gabfest, is it? Part of her gift this year is an entire day with no computer, no cell phone, no work calls, nothing. We will watch girly movies, and just have fun together.

It may sound simple or unexciting, but making time for mom is the best gift I can think to give. She deserves it...and I do too.

~Shannon

1 comment:

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...