Tuesday, May 27, 2014

DIY Coconut Oil Scalp and Hair Treatment


Don't you just love coconut oil? I use it for so many things in my beauty routine, such as a makeup remover, post-shower moisturizer, and now, a hair treatment! I'm going to show you how to I use it for my hair, but feel free to get creative! This treatment is great for normal to dry hair, and can even sure dandruff/itchy scalp.



First things first: the ingredients. You'll need 3-4 tablespoons of coconut oil, depending on your hair length, 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar, Tea Tree Oil, and any other essential oils you'd like to add. You should also grab a small bowl.

Step One: Combine the coconut oil and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Add three drops of Tea Tree Oil to the mix, and one drop each of any other essential oils.

Step Two: Warm the mixture in the microwave, just long enough for the coconut oil to melt. 15 seconds should do it. It needs to be completely liquid and slightly warm.

Step Three: This is where things get messy! Start applying the oil to your scalp (over the sink!) using either your fingers or a sponge. I prefer to use my fingers to give my head a little massage. Be generous, then use your hands to smooth the remaining oil over your hair.
Step Four: Comb through your hair with a wide-tooth comb, and throw your hair into a high bun or clip. Wait 20 - 30 minutes before hopping in the shower. Wash it out with a clarifying shampoo, and then condition as usual! When your hair dries, you'll be amazed at the results!

Lainey L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...