Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What's My Favorite Beauty Quote?


My favorite beauty quote isn't something you're likely to recognize. It's from a book called "The Lost Hero", part of the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan. The series involves Greek and Roman gods and godesses, including the Greek goddess of love and beauty herself, Aphrodite. In the book, Aphrodite is describes as being the most beautiful woman imaginable, with no distinct features; the more you look at her, the more she changes, until you can't quite tell what color her hair or eyes are. Only that she's beautiful.


This particular quote is from a scene where Aphrodite is talking to one of her demigod daughters, Piper, who hates the thought of having to fit the image of being one of Aphrodite's children. Piper makes a remark about how Aphrodite can't look anything but perfect, to which her mother responds, "You're sweet. But beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself - avoid being something you're not. For a goddess, that's especially hard. We can change so easily."

Let me take a moment to remind you that this is the freakin' goddess of love and beauty, telling her daughter the exact opposite of what society tells her. The first time I read the story, I loved the quote. But every time I reread it, I love it even more. When I have a bad day, or don't feel as pretty as I think I should, I go back to that short paragraph. I eventually want to create a cute graphic of it so that I can print it out and frame it.

Lainey L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...