Friday, April 11, 2014

Prom Is Here

Prom Is Here...let's dance!!!!!



I would like to say that my prom was almost enjoyable...had a huge fight with my bestie and ended up with a dress I wasn't entirely happy with.

I looked like this.

(Sorry Mom)

But this is not about me, it's about beautiful you.









Not to be left out,
you lovely curvy gals.





I wanted to share a concept that I have been reading about. Girls are not able to buy dresses and are not going to the Prom. In my area, there are organizations that hold events that take donations of dresses and have a boutique set up for girls to "shop" in.

They need your dress, especially plus size. Help out and donate your bridesmaids, prom or formal dresses.

Seriously this isn't 28 Dresses, you aren't going to wear it again anyway.

The local radio station here XL 106.7 has the 
last year they collected over 3000 dresses for the girls in our community.

Something a little more national

DonateMyDress.org is the first national campaign designed to encourage girls around the country to donate their prom and special occasion dresses to those who cannot afford them for prom, sweet 16, quinceanera or formals. The site features a directory of local dress drive organizations across the U.S. that will enable girls to easily find out where in their local markets they can donate or receive a dress. In addition, DonateMyDress.org contains information on upcoming events and special promotions, a photo gallery of real girls donating and receiving dresses, as well as links to content on prom and quinceanera planning, hair and makeup tips, and other worthy causes.

So, clean out those closets and help a girl go to the prom.

Lindsey J
for the Stylista

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Im follow your blog :)
    Plase visit me
    http://ylieby.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...