Saturday, March 01, 2014

Why I Can't Live Without Yoga


It's been about three months now since I've started doing yoga, and if you've never really tried it, you can't understand how much of a difference it makes. A couple of years ago, I took a bi-weekly restorative yoga class to help with my migraines and fibromyalgia. It was nice, but laying on a pillow in child's pose for ten minutes while flute music played in the background wasn't really my cup of tea, not did it do any miracles for my pain. However, my six months in that class wasn't for nothing; to this day, I am a master of yoga breathing, a skill I find quite helpful when calming down after a stressful day.



When I started getting into more active types of poses a few months ago, I started off with a few online classes. Eventually I decided that wasn't for me either, and turned to what I thought to be a good option: Pinterest. I'd find poses that looked good, read through the articles they linked to, and began navigating my way through simple poses like Downward Dog (I could hardly keep my feet on the may when I started).


Now, I've become much more flexible, my posture is near-perfect, and I can do poses and stretches I never dreamed possible, like being able to touch my nose to the ground in Butterfly Pose, and fully extend one leg up in Wheel Pose/Upward Facing Bow Pose. It's an amazing feeling to see my body doing things I had no idea it was capable of! I've even learned to lessen the frequency of my panic/anxiety attacks with the help of yoga.

Some of my favorite poses:
  • Wheel Pose (Upward Facing Bow Pose)
  • Reverse Prayer in Lotus Pose
  • King Pigeon Pose - my latest achievement!
  • Warrior II Pose
  • Cobra Pose
 How was yoga helped you? What are your favorite poses?

Lainey L.
The Belle Beauty Blog

3 comments:

  1. I really wanna start doing Yoga!


    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try! I've never met anyone who regretted doing something so great for them. :)

      thebellebeautyblog.blogspot.com

      Delete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...