Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Four Essential Oils For Great Skin

When I was a little girl, I used to sit on the floor of my mother's bathroom and watch her apply her skincare products. She'd wash her face with a Dove Beauty Bar, something I picked up years later, and then take five bottles out of the cabinet: Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Peppermint Oil, Tea Tree Oil and finally a jar of moisturizer. She'd mix a drop of each with a dollop of moisturizer and smooth it over her skin every morning for as long as I can remember, and in all my life, I've never seen anyone with better skin.


Look at her! Hardly a wrinkle to be seen, and her face absolutely glows. So when I made the decision to buy some essential oils for myself, I took her advice and purchased the same ones she relied on for years. Unlike my mother, I prefer to use essential oils for quick fixes rather than prevention, though this might change.

The benefits of each:

Lavender Oil: Helps reduce redness from ache & rosacea, moisturizes, and when used sparingly, can treat sensitivity.

Lemon Oil: Is a natural astringent/antiseptic used to treat acne, reduce oiliness, and purify pores.

Peppermint Oil: Smooths the texture of skin and creates a refreshing feeling and glow.

Tea Tree Oil: I could preach on about Tea Tree Oil all day, but I'll stick to the basics. It kills acne-causing bacteria and when used for several days can make the offensive zit vanish!

As with any and all essential oils, use it on a small area first to make sure you don't have an adverse reaction, and mix it with a non-comodogenic carrier oil like coconut oil to keep it from being too strong. Good luck!

Lainey L.

1 comment:

  1. lovely! I'm a big fan of sage EO and Clove EO for acne spots as well ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...