Thursday, February 27, 2014

Oil

The one item I can't live without...would be: Oil!

Oil? Yes oil, why? Because it is an amazing beauty tool that you can use for almost any part of the body.


How Can Oil Be Used On Your Skin
First, oil is an amazing moisturizer. It's cheap and you know exactly what is in it. Coconut oil can even be used to protect from UVA rays! Use it on your lips for super moisturization. It can also be used to help prevent aging! Oil can make an amazing shaving cream, and will prevent your razor from getting rusty.


Can Oil Be Used Instead of Ibuprofen?
Olive oil contains a compound known as oleocanthal, which has been found to stop the activity of two specific enzymes (Cox-1 and Cox-2) at the heart of inflammatory conditions in the body in a similar way as ibuprofen and other NSAIDs. About 1.75 oz (50 grams) of olive oil in your daily diet equals roughly 10 percent of the recommend adult dose of ibuprofen (source).
Makeup Remover
Oil makes a great makeup remover - I know it sounds gross, but it works wonders at removing mascara. Massage a little oil onto your face, careful to get around the eye area. Whip off with a dry cloth and wash your face!
Oil Pulling
What is oil pulling? The most effective oil pulling is done by placing around a tablespoon of cold pressed organic sesame oil into the mouth and swishing the oil around the mouth for approximately 10-15 minutes and then spitting it out (source).
My oil pulling experience: I've only done it once, I have not tried it again because it left my gums very sensitive. That being said, I will be trying it again!

Nails
Oil can help strengthen your nails. Just rub a little oil onto your nails at least once a day and you will find your nails stronger, longer and healthier!

~Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...