Sunday, January 12, 2014

Steampunk Week

Hello Beauties,


I've always been a fan of the steampunk look, but I'm always too afraid to let myself have fun instead of feeling judged for wearing clothes that look like they are from that period.
Steampunk, according to Wikipedia, is a sub-genre of science fiction that typically featured steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century. For example, the movie Wild Wild West with Will Smith, I loved the costuming...the movie on the other-hand, I thought was horribly made.

Steampunk's first known appearance was in 1987 (I was 1), though it now retroactively refers to many works of fiction created even as far back as the 1950's or 1960's.

Because of the popularity of steampunk, there is a growing movement of adults that want to establish steampunk as a culture and lifestyle (I think that's noble of them, but I'm not that into it). Some fans of the genre adopt a steampunk aesthetic through fashion, home decor, music and film (such as Sherlock Holmes).

Steampunk fashion (which would appeal to the Beauty O'holic's that we are) has no set guidelines, but tends to synthesize modern styles influenced by the Victorian era. This may include gowns, corsets, petticoats and busties; suits with vests, coats, top hats and spats; or military-inspired garments. These fashions are usually accented with "period" accessories, such as timepieces, parasois, flying/driving goggles, and ray guns.

Steampunk has become so popular among many individuals that in 2006 the first "SalonCon" took place...a neo-Victorian/Steampunk convention.

Our Beauty VIP's are going to touch the tips of the ice-burg's on each of the following topics: hair, face, nails, body and fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...