Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rapunzel

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so that I may climb that golden stair.

Oh, the famous words, who doesn't know them? And who doesn't want hair like Rapunzel's?! Why do I love this story? Honestly, I'm not sure (other than the long hair).

It was first created in 1812 by The Grimm Brothers (who created other Fairy Tales), there have been a few variations of it out there, but my favorite (and the only one I have read) is the one where it is hinted that the prince and Rapunzel have sex, she is cast out of the tower, the prince is blinded when he goes after her, but finds the evil witch instead and they are both later reunited, her tears cures his blindness - after Rapunzel has given birth to a couple of twins.

The prince takes his bride and their children to the castle and they live happily ever after.

It's romantic, isn't it?

~Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...