Friday, January 31, 2014

Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Party Invitations


How many of us are still waiting for our Hogwarts letters? A few weeks back, I sat at my computer, trying to create an invitation for my birthday that fit with the theme of the party: Fandoms and geekery. My copy of Order of the Phoenix was sitting next to me on the desk where I had left it, but it still took me a solid 10 minutes of staring at the blank screen before I glanced down at the book and did a double take with a surprised "OH!". A light bulb went off in my mind, and before I knew it, I was scouring Pinterest for examples of what I hoped to be the perfect invite.


The invitations didn't take too long; I honestly think I spent more time playing with the fonts than typing the whole thing. When I was finished, it was a little plain, true, but I really like it. Behold: my Hogwarts Invitations.

{For those of you that don't have a copy of the book
or don't want to type the entire letter,
here's the original from the book:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chief Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress


Obviously, mine's a little different, but there's no wrong to do this.}

I typed the original letter from the book into a Google Document, and added in the times of RSVP date near the end, plus the Hogwarts crest at the top (also at the top of this post for your convenience). Don't forget to sign the letter in green ink! All the other information is on the second page, which, in a real Hogwarts letter, would be a list of books and equipment first years need from Diagon Alley.


My invitations are printed on plain paper, but if you wanted to go that extra mile, you can either use parchment paper or even try aging paper with tea!

Lainey L

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...