Saturday, December 28, 2013

Writer's Feedback 2013

Hello Beauties,


We have asked our previous guest post bloggers and our Beauty VIP's to give us some feedback on how they have or have not enjoyed working with us. We expect full honesty (we have not altered these submissions in any way, everything is 100% truthful).



Since last year's feedback post was such a success, I have decided to keep the tradition going. So, here we go...



My First Year Blogging for Beauty O'holic

2013 has been the first year that I've been blogging for Beauty O'holic and I can say with all honesty, that blogging for this amazing blog has made my year much better!

I love being able to share my beauty knowledge with others and be able to do that somewhere, other than my own blog, has been a great experience for me. Blogging with Beauty O'holic has given me the opportunity to blog about things I normally don't cover on my blog (so, anything other than hair care), but still know about.

It's also given me quite a challenge! I love a good challenge and when you add in the fact that I am not the only one coming up with ideas, it proves to be an interesting experience when coming up with ideas for each post. I won't lie, there have been some times that I have wondered how I was going to pull through and write a decent post about a topic I chose, but I always manage and the challenge is part of what makes it so fun!

~Deanna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blogging with Beauty O'holic



As someone who's been part of the Beauty O'holic Team for nearly 18 months, I can't tell you how amazing it's been. Becoming their first part-time blogger was the first real opportunity I got when I started blogging, and I've never once regretted the decision. It's opened up new doors and opportunities for me, as well as introducing me to dozens of new blogs, and giving me an extra creative outlet where I can blog about more than just beauty reviews.

It's a great experience, and I highly recommend contacting Meredith at Beauty O'holic about writing for them, especially if you don't know where to start with your blog.

Lainey L.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I haven't been writing for Beauty O'holic for very long. In fact, it's only been about four months since I became a Beauty VIP! Based on my experience thus far, though, it has been incredibly rewarding. I am honoured to be part of this amazingly talented team.

Fashion and beauty are my biggest passions. I love talking about them and writing about them as much as humanly possibly. Unfortunately, in my day-to-day life, that doesn't happen enough. I spend most of my time writing for businesses and websites - and very rarely for myself. That is one of the reasons I've enjoyed writing for Beauty O'holic so much: I get to spend more time writing about what I love the most.

My favourite thing has to be the weekly themes. They have pushed me out of my comfort zone a little bit. AS a beauty Blogger, it's easy to get in a rut. You can get into a habit of writing about the same things in the same way over and over again. The themes have definitely forced me to do something a little bit different and really have some fun!

The past four months have been wonderful. Why? Being a Beauty VIP for Beauty O'holic reminds me of how much I love to write.

~Shannon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While I've always been an avid letter/email writer, and been told by friends and in-laws how much they enjoy reading my letters, I have found that writing for Beauty O'holic has forced me to work harder at my writing and be more focused to stay on topic. No longer can I just write whatever is flowing thru my brain, which is generally family events that I want to share with others. While we can always select the topic we want to write about based on the week's theme, I'd invariably find myself thinking...'oh, and I can write about...!" and it would be someone else's topic! So, while I was able to indulge in the worlds of hair, nails, fashion, etc., it has also helped my writing in other areas. We were told in school that the more you do something, no matter how much you dislike it, the better you will be. Even all these many years later, I still hate it when they're right!

~Darci

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since I am fairly new to Beauty O'holic, I don't really have much in the way of feedback. I do want to say that I am so glad to be a part of this wonderful blog! I really do love blogging for Beauty O'holic and I can't wait to see what comes up in the New Year! BOH has definitely thrown me out of my comfort zone and it really has made me challenge myself to do and try things I normally wouldn't have. I don't have anything negative to say about Meredith or the other ladies; I am just so happy to be a part of this wonderful blog with all of you.

xox Autumn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Happy New Year Everyone!

I have been contributing to Beauty O'holic for the last year and it has been a good one. The readers are the best; I like to get feedback and hope that many more conversations will happen in the future. I would like to thank Meredith and her team for giving me the opportunity to share my ideas and photos.

In the coming year, I hope to bring you all new fresh material and photos of some of the best the internet has to offer.

Thank you again from

Lindsey A. Jones

and the Stylista by SC Team

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...