Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Makeup

I really challenged myself with this post, only because I really had no idea what to do! I sought outside opinions and ultimately checked in with Meredith on what she thought the post should be! It's been a really down week for me, so I really had no idea what I wanted to do. It was one of those "should I do this or that?" kind of thing. Living in Florida, it doesn't really get that cold, so the "staying warm" topic challenged me as well. Don't get me wrong, it gets cold enough, but not cold enough where you really need to think about staying warm. I guess that is the beauty of living in a tropical climate!

The first thing I definitely want to touch on is keeping your face moisturized when it's cold. I know I sound like a broken record, because EVERYONE says this, but it's an important step. Even us oily skinned girls need some extra moisture during the colder seasons. Whether you have the heat blasting or are out in the cold, both will dry your face out like a desert. With this post, I want to show you a couple eye looks, along with a full face of makeup. Then I might tough on some other ideas. :)


For the first look, I wanted to go neutral and use warm toned shadows. For this look, I gravitated towards my Naked palette because the first one contains warm toned shadows. This is actually my go-to look that I wear; really all year round.


EYES:
Milani Eye Shadow Primer - 01 Nude
Urban Decay: Half Baked (lid), Creep/Hustle (outer corner/crease), Zephyr (inner corner from BOS IV), and Creep (Lower lash line).
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner - Demolition (waterline/tight liner)
Wet-n-Wild Mega Liner - 864 Plum
L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara - Black Copper

Don't think that you need to use only Urban Decay products. It's just what I had on hand, you can use any shadows that you want if you want to recreate this! You just need a metallic gold, a dark brown and black...and you're all good! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For this look, I am sure you can tell I didn't go warm toned. I decided to do a winter inspired kin of look using blues. However, Thanks to my camera, it all looks like a jumbled mess. I still want to show it though, because I thought it looked cute. For this look, I used the Book of Shadows IV from Urban Decay. Again, it was what I had on hand in my Z-Palette.


Urban Decay BOS IV: Hijack (crease), Crystal (lid) and Zephyr (inner corner).
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner - Radium (I used this as a base across the lash line BEFORE I applied Crystal).
NYC White Liner Pencil (waterline)
L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara - Black Copper.

This look didn't have as many steps, but I think it really works well for the winter season. At least where I live and what I notice, people tend to wear more light blue shades on their eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I know this post is all about the face, so I didn't want to leave it at just the eyes. Actually, while I was working on this post, I remembered it had to be about the FACE, not just the eyes. I call it a blond/senior moment, because I forgot the topic. Genius right?

For my full face, I tried to use warmer toned products, but I don't really own THAT many, because I just got into contouring, blush, etc. I've just never been into it, and I rarely wear a full face of foundation anymore, so I never see a need for it. That's beside the point though. The full face of makeup is something I tend to wear a LOT during the cold seasons, because it's easy to maintain and I do get cold enough where I want to cover my face with a scarf...I don't have to worry about it getting muffled up!

FACE:
TEMPTU AirPod Foundation - Sand
TEMPTU S/B Concealer Wheel
MUA Blusher Shade 3
Ulta Adore Cheek Blusher
ELF Golden Bronzer
Urban Decay Eyeshadow - Shakedown (to deepen the contour)

EYES:
L'Oreal Infallible - 891 Continuous Cocoa (lower lash line), Milani Eye Shadow Primer - 01 Nude, Urban Decay 24/7 Liner - Demolition, Mehron INtense - Mountain Moss (crease/outer corner), Sugarpill - @#$%! (lid), L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator Mascara - Black Copper, Wet n Wild Mega Liner - 860 Black Sparkle.

On my lips, I just applied some lip gloss and patted Sugarpill's Birthday Girl on top. I'm not at home and forgot to grab some lip products. Shame right? My camera also muted the look of everything in this particular look. Especially, the blush and the contour.

Anyways, I'm not even sure if this is the correct kind of content to this topic, but Winter Makeup is really per performance. You can do dark eyes, neutral eyes, bright eyes. It really just depends on you. For the colder months of Winter, it's really the only time of the year that I can get away with wearing green and red eye shadows, so I do that a LOT more than I probably should.

When it comes to having the look of "being warm," I personally think maybe a dark or berry colored blush or maybe a nice rosy lipstick could be in order. Then again, it's really just a personal preference. Here are some looks from Pinterest that I definitely consider "winter worthy":






~Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...