Saturday, December 07, 2013

My Holiday Philosophy


Personally, I don't really feel like it's holiday season until Thanksgiving Day. When everyone else is out perfecting their turkey stuffing recipe or buying gifts for their loved ones. I'm still trying to figure out what the heck happened to October. But, when I wake up on Thanksgiving morning, it hits me - the holidays are here. It's time to slow down, pull boxes upon boxes of Christmas ornaments out of the attic, and smile at everyone.


Because after all, that's what the holiday's are about. Slowing down enough to enjoy hot tea, pumpkin pie, crisp Autumn mornings, and most importantly, making memories with the people we care about most.

So, this holiday season, do one thing for me. Forget all the last minute shopping and ignore the rest of the world. Take a moment to stop, breathe and admire the beauty of the holiday's. They go by so fast, but when you think back on all you did this Christmas, you won't remember how much you spent on gifts or how long it took to make that pie. You'll remember how much people appreciated that you took the time out of your life to buy them a present or bake them a pie.

The holiday's are here; Enjoy them while they last!

Lainey L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...