Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes

I don't know about you, but I have the worst bags under my eyes. I've tried everything I can, while still avoiding expensive cream filled with chemicals (yes, I am one of those people, and proud of it). Over time, I have complied a list of things that I found have helped and a couple I've heard, but have yet to try.





  • Drinking more water. Honestly, you should be doing this, since it seems like a beauty tip for anything from head-to-toe has to do with drinking more water.
  • Avoid rubbing your eyes too much. Under our eyes are actually very sensitie and excessive rubbing isn't good for them!
  • Put a spoon in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, pull it out and put it over the area until the spoon warms up again. This is supposed to help, but sounds painful to me! If anyone has tried it, I would love to know it if to works!
  • Use cucumber. This has got to be the most well known treatment, but I'll be honest with you, I don't think it works that great.
  • Apply tea bags. Obviously, mame sure they are cool/cold before doing this! This method works well.
  • Look at your diet. Leafy greens are said to be able to help, as are things high in iron, vitamin A and B.
  • Of course, get your beauty sleep! It's estimated that adults need at least 8 hours of sleep, but if your body feels that it needs more, than go for it!
  • Use potatoes just like you do cucumber slices. This is by far my favorite way to treat my dark circles, as it works the best! I put them over my eyes and put my sleeping mask on, they normally slip off some time during the night, but I do wake up with less...darkness!
  • Lemons are a good whitener and can be used around the eye area (thoug be careful! I am guessing it will not sting a lot if you accidently get it in your eye) to help lighten the darkness.
  • A good night cream is always suggested. Right now, I am using coconut oil mixed with fish oil (a vitamin known for helping to prevent wrinkles).
  • Always apply sunscreen around the eyes, sun can be very damaging to the ski and can actually increase the look of our dark circles.

Surprisingly, there are quite a few reasons you could have these bags under your eyes. The first, I will mention is lack of sleep. This was already mentioned and is a quick fix! Just get some more sleep. Aging skin is something we cannot combat completely, and it can be a cause in our dark circles, but knowing how to "age gracefully" can help prevent this. Also, preventable is an iron deficiency (which I think I may be suffering from) which may cause a blue-ish tinge around your eyes. Lastly, your allergies could be a factor, so treat them ASAP.



Bonus: Do you have an iron deficiency? We already know a blue-ish tinge around the eyes could mean you hae one, but what else can tell you? If you always feel tired and weak (though this can be a sign of almost anything), decreased immune function, a hard time keeping a body temperature and a hard time staying focused. I know, I know that pretty much describes everyone who is overworked and tired! I do not encourage self-diagnosing, so if you think you may have an iron deficiency, first start eating more iron and second, talk to a doctor about it! Or maybe the other way around.


~Deanna

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! I'm not the biggest fan of using things to treat under eye circles. My under eye area isn't bad but it definitely needs to be treated. I'm so bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...