Saturday, November 16, 2013

Keeping Happy During The Holiday's

With Thanksgiving and Christmas quickly approaching, a lot of people find it difficult to stay happy. Sticking with the theme of the week, I decided to touch on a different kind of topic and slightly stray away from beauty. I want to talk about the different possibilities to keep yourself happy during the Holiday's, because ladies and gents, let me tell you, not only are their MANY possibilities, but no one deserves to be down in the dumps when it's supposed to be a happy time.

Let's just jump right into some of the ways!

Take a day for yourself.


You don't have to go out and do things per-say, because I know money is tighter around the holiday's and that is no reason to get even more down in the dumps. Have a nice relaxing day at home. Relax with a face mask, a DIY mani/pedi, take a hot bath or whatever you do to relax. Now, when I say take a day for yourself, I mean it. No social media (that's right, stay away from it) and stay away from your phone.

Listen to music.

This is my favorite. I just put some of my favorite music on black and rock the heck out! There is nothing more uplifting then some amazing music! Music has gotten me through some of my darkest times. I know that is kind of cliche to say, but it does help. It doesn't have to be a specific genre, just something that can get you dancing around and in a better mood.

Bake.


Okay, this has to be my favorite one. Go bake! It doesn't have to be anything special, just bake away. Last year was really hard for me and I baked maybe 400 cookies and sent a majority of them with my Dad to work. Mainly because that was a LOT of cookies and I also didn't want them lying around the apartment. I make a mean chocolate chip cookie, eggnog cookie and Pfeffernusse. Bake to your heart's content.

Keep yourself busy/Focus on other things.

This is a twofer topic. Keeping yourself busy is a great way to keep your mind off of the holidays, but it's also coupled in with focusing on other things. Both of them are a great way to keep your mind busy instead of focusing on being depressed or down in the dumps.

I'm not going to say or suggest buying things, because sometimes that can make you feel worse. You get the initial thrill, but once it starts wearing off, you feel bad for spending the money. That happens to me ALL OF THE TIME. I actually wind up returning more stuff than I keep. Sad, isn't it? There are so many other options to help perk your mood up during the holidays, but these are just a few of my suggestions. The options are completely endless and definitely vary from person to person. These are just a few of my favorites! Ultimately, it comes down to doing something you really enjoy to get yourself back to being happy or grounded.

What are some of your favorites?

xx Autumn

1 comment:

  1. Looks very yummy!! xx


    Tia

    http://bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...