Saturday, November 23, 2013

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie is a staple at most Thanksgiving tables for desert. For me, I LOVE pumpkin pie, but I also love trying different things with my pumpkin pies. I love making them different; it's a definite "me" thing. Now, I'm not sure if most of you have ever heard of Apple Butter, but mmmmm girl! (or boy!) let me tell you, apple butter is amazing! I'm not sure if it's a southern kind of thing or if it's everywhere. You should be able to find it at Walmart in the same place the peanut butter and jelly is found. It should be on the bottom shelf! If it's not there, I will have a link to a video that I did a few years ago with a different variation! :)


Doesn't that look delish?


Here are the ingredients that you will need!

  • 1/2 Cup Apple Butter
  • 15 oz (425g) Pumpkin Puree*
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (not packed)
  • 1/2 tsp Salt**
  • 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp Ground Ginger
  • 3/4 Cup Evaporated Milk***
  • 3 Eggs lightly beaten
  • 9 inch Pie Crust****
*do NOT use pumpkin pie filling
**I forgot to use the salt in my pie, you don't really miss it. Feel free to leave it out if you wish.
***I wound up using an entire 5 oz can. Only because I was adjusting the pie to my tastes and I was using a small can, there was barely anything left.
****The recipe originally called for ONE pie crust, but I had enough for TWO crusts.


  • Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Combine everything, but the milk and eggs.
  • Once combined, add the eggs.
  • After all of the eggs are incorporated SLOWLY, add the evaporated milk until fully combined.
  • Pour into pie crusts.
  • Bake 32-45 minutes (depends on your oven. Mine took 32 minutes).
  • Center should jiggle just a little bit.



his is the shot of the two pies uncooked. Don't they look delicious? Me gusta!

Sorry about all of the stuff in the background.
I didn't have my original baking setup that I used to use back in the day.

The color of the pie is absolutely fantastic. I loved the way they turned out.

Now, since it's so close to Thanksgiving, I wanted to share some things that I am thankful for. First and foremost, I am thankful to Meredith for giving me the opportunity to blog on her fantastic blog! I'm also thankful for my family, which is a given. This year, I am doing something different for the Holiday season. I plan on baking and cooking a lot of goodies for the people at my Dad's supervisors Church. They're always feeding the homeless and since this is the time of year that I ALWAYS bake a lot, I wanted to share. I'm thankful for everything I have been given, but I would feel a lot better being able to give at least a decent meal to those in need.

Now, if Apple Butter Pie is not your forte, I have an Applesauce Pie that I made back in 2011. It's not in a blog post, but it's a video, which you can find HERE. The recipe is in the description box.

I know you all are having a fantastic week and have a Happy Thanksgiving! If you try either pie out, let me know!

Best Wishes,

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...