Friday, November 22, 2013

5 Underrated Multipurpose Beauty Products

I feel like all of us, at some point or another, have learned of a few products that have 2, 3, 4, or 10 uses. Some of them are little things we pick up from our mothers, or that really cool friend who knows 100 different ways to use hairspray. Others are ideas we get from bloggers, such as Marissa over at Glitter or Gold. Below are my five favorite multipurpose products.



1. Untinted Lip Balm

Aside from the obvious intended use, lip balm has a plethora of others, too! I constantly reach for it when I don't have cuticle oil on hand, or when my nails look plain old ugly. Just swipe some onto your finger and massage it into the cuticle and surrounding skin. The shine of the balm distracts from less than perfect nails, while the moisture (especially, in thicker balms) help soothe dry, cracked cuticles.

In a pinch, you can also use unscented lip balm as a substitute for eye cream. This is a last resort, assuming nothing else is available and your eyes are crazy dry.


2. Coconut Oil

You've heard it before. Coconut oil is pretty much the most versatile product ever. You can use it as:
  • Hair mask
  • Face and body moisturizer
  • Lip Balm
  • Cellulite Removal
  • Keratosis Pilaris Treatment
  • DIY toothpaste, soap, lotion bars, and hundreds of other recipes
  • Makeup remover


3. Dove Beauty Bar

The Dove Beauty Bar is one of those rare soaps that is so gentle, you can use it for way more than just cleaning your body. It works as a face wash, an acne fighter, a makeup brush cleanser, and an amazing soother for sensitive skin. I've even had a few people tell me it works as shampoo, although I'm not sure I'd try it unless I was desperate. Maybe that's just me.


4. Visine Eye Drops

Visine Eye Drops are something that most people swear by for tired, bloodshot eyes. But, did you know, it can be used to reduce the redness of a monster zit? You can also mix a drop with some eye cream for an undereye concealer primer that'll prevent caking and creasing.


5. Vaseline

Of course, no multipurpose product list would be complete without Vaseline! It's the go-to product for everything from soft lips to long lashes to baby smooth feet. And it's dirt cheap, to boot. A $5 jar will last a good year or so for me, and I use it every day. Give this workhorse a try before you buy other expensive products.

What are some of your favorite multipurpose products? Share in the comments!

Lainey L.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Hi, what a great web blog. I usually spend hours on the net reading blogs on various subjects. And, I really would like to praise you for writing such a fabulous article

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try coconut oil for sometime now. It sounds perfect, the most versatile beauty product out there. I will be definitely getting now. Thanks for helping me make up my mind x
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...