Tuesday, October 01, 2013

The Geeky Girl


I remember it too clearly (unlike my skin at the time). The days when my mother would insist I finished all my homework before playing outside - or my Sundays filled with school projects and studying rather than football and friends. I referred to myself as a GEEK. Yes, there are many names that are much worse, but having such a low image of my social image certainly didn't help my physical. Once middle school approached and girls were getting all dolled up in their mother's makeup, I took it upon myself to go from GEEK to CHIC. Who's to say you can't be both. Heck, bulky glasses, headbands, and overalls are back in style, too!

Follow below, for the simple, yet studiously sexy look.


Eyebrows: One of my biggest regrets was getting my eyebrows too thin in high school. It's take 5 years, a lot of experimentation with filling them in, and brow booster serums to get them thicker. So, the best advice I can give, hands off the tweezers! Let them grow in by taking care of the hairs that show no line of shape. After about 3-6 months of tweezer withdrawal, see a brow shaper to get your perfect shape - and make sure you specify - KEEP THEM THICK.


Skin: When I think of a geek, I think of the pre-pubescent kid with the pre-pubescent pimples to match. Although, sometimes inevitable, you gotta keep that skin in check! I love OXY Cleansing Pads Acne Treatment, $7, Maximum , that stop stubborn acne before it starts. Use this once a day since it's a little strong. Calm your skin with a moisturizer with Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, $10.


Eyes: I get it, you want to make your eyes pop while not looking like you've tried too hard. From experience (a lot of it) the best way to do so, is to apply a black or brown liner to the top inner of your eye. (I love Sonia Kashuk Twist Up Longwear Liner, $8). Then coat on clear mascara to both the top and bottom lashes. For $6, Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara will lengthen and separate while deceiving even the smartest of the geeks.


Lips: It's time to upgrade. The Lipsmackers I used to lug around in every flavor are definitely still our fav, but this pouty girl is ready for a something a little more sophisticated. Look into a pink lip. You want to accentuate your natural shade, while adding definition and deliciousness. MAC has a lot of Mineralized Tinted Balm's ($20) that are highly pigmented and highly beautiful!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...