Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Peerrrrrfect Paws

I proudly admit I am a geek!

Not only am I a geek, I'm a Catwoman Geek, so thus was really exciting for me. I wanted to come up with a simple idea for Cat Woman inspired nails - something that is not over dramatic, but has an obvious Cat Woman flare!

So first, we are going to have a kitty worthy milk bath, then I will show you how I did my Cat Woman inspired nails!


The Milk Bath
Warm 1 cup whole milk in the microwave, add 1 tsp honey, 3 tbsp salt and lemon juice. Wisk until you get a frothy mixture and you are ready! Soak your nails/hands for 10-15 minutes for a protein rich, cleaning and whitening experience. Dry nails and moisturize your hands/cuticles.

Now that your hands are feeling pampered
Start with a clean, dry nails. Cut nails with a slight point. This is the hardest part of doing these nails, but here is how you do it. Start with whatever nail you'd like. Use a pair of slightly curved nail clippers. Line the clippers up with the base of your nail close to your finger tip (the clippers should be touching your skin) and turn it to a 45 degree angle. Clip and continue with the other side. For a slightly softer point, file the point until it is duller.

Painting the nails
Apply a base coat of the color you chose. I went with black to go with Cat Woman's current costume. Once the base coat is completely dry, apply your "sparkles" and allow to dry. Cover with a top coat and allow to dry once more.


I went with a purple sparkle to pay tribute to Cat Woman's older costumes, but I encourage you to use your favorite color!

If you try it, post links or pictures! We would love to see them!

~Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...