Saturday, October 05, 2013

Geometric Beauty

Hello Ladies,

About this time last year, we mentioned what hairstyles would look great on different face shapes - we will be bringing that back up - briefly.



Draw an imaginary line vertically down the center of your nose, and a horizontal line going across the tip of your nose. The more something interacts with these lines, the more noticeable it is - for example, a pimple on the end of your nose is going to attract more attention than a larger one on your jawline.


If you have a round face, you should apply a darker contour shade from the imaginary horizontal line, halfway up the vertical line, and about a third of the way down the vertical line, keeping along the border of your face.

If you have a triangular face, do the same as the round face, except swap in a highlight shade for the area below the horizontal line or forgo the step altogether.

If you have a square face, buff a contour shade midway between the endpoints of the two lines, rounding the edges.

If you have an oval face, you're in luck. An oval face shape was the gal for the other three.

Cheeks
Cheek color should never fall below your imaginary horizontal line. Draw an imaginary line (vertically) through your pupil; blush should never be applied further than this line.


Eyes
Draw an imaginary line from the corner of your nostril on the same side (of one eye) through the outside corner of that eye. End your eyebrow just inside this spot.


*Remember: Your brows are sisters; not twins.*


Do you ever think of your daily makeup routine as a geometry problem? I didn't, until now! And I hate math!

Circles, triangles and squares?

Makeup shapes are more high school geometry than runway fashion, but sometimes we underestimate the importance of math within beauty.

Remember learning about the ancient golden ratio found in classical Greek architecture? This nifty number is responsible for many beauty techniques we use today - who knew?

From the shape of our teeth to the distance of our eyes, we see reoccurring math patterns all over our face. At least twice a month, you use the golden ratio - to find your perfect brow arch.


Each face type is beautiful in its own way. Don't try to change who you are; enhance your natural beauty.

See you next time,

HJ

Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I hate wearing my hair up I mean it looks fine and people always compliment me but I think wearing my hair down just changes the shape of my face in a flattering way. Right now braids are really trendy and since I have very long hair I love wearing a nice side braid.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope always does a great job! I have also been wearing my hair in braids a lot lately, mainly because it's been so humid and hot. I am actually due for a trim shortly.

      Delete
  2. Love your blog xx
    http://aimerose.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...