Saturday, August 03, 2013

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion Review

My name is Ginger and I run a blog called Beauty and the Travel Beat. I started it in March of 2013. It's a beauty and travel blog with an emphasis on product reviews, fashion, travel and everyday life.

Meredith has graciously invited me to do a guest post for Beauty O'holic. I happily accepted her request and here I am.

I am going to do a product review. It's something that every woman and man, with acne, should have in their beauty arsenal. The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion Review. That's a tongue twister, isn't it?



One day, I was shopping at my local Body Shop when I noticed their Tea Tree Oil line of products. I have always heard that tea tree oil is very effective against fighting acne and as someone that has to fight acne on a regular basis, I was intrigued and I gave it a closer inspection. I ended up buying the Blemish Fade Night Lotion.

I bought it and took it home to try it immediately. I have stubborn acne around my chin area, so I wanted to see if this product would be effective against it. You are only suppose to use this product before you go to bed, as it can cause sun sensitivity. So I took my shower, washed my face and toned. Then I applied the Tea Tree Blemish Fade Lotion to my chin area and went to bed.

When I woke up, I was pleasantly surprised to find my pimples to have either gone down in size or disappear completely. Wow! This stuff really works!

As you can probably guess, I was hooked and this is a must have in my skincare regime.

There are a few pointers, I would like to point out regarding this lotion:
  1. As I said before, you should only wear this at night. It may cause sun sensitivity.
  2. You should use this product sparingly. Don't put it all over your face, just on your problem areas. It is an acne product and it could cause drying of the skin.
  3. It has the distinctive tea tree oil smell. If you don't know tea tree oil, it smells like Sea Breeze astringent.
  4. The product comes packaged in a pump dispenser and comes out as a beige like lotion.
  5. This is a pricey product. It runs about $18 a bottle, but if you use it sparingly, it will last you a long time.
  6. Body Shop products are now sold at Ulta, so it's much easier to get your hands on this. In fact, I always get mine from my local Ulta. Of course, you can still find it in Body Shop stores near you.
List of ingredients: Water, Propanediol, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Calophyllum, inophyllum seed oil, acrylamide/ammonium acrylate copolymer, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexyl, palmitate, melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) leaf oil, polyisobutene, caprylic/capric triglyceride, titanium, dioxide, phytosphingosine, polysorbate 20, sorbitan isostearate, limonene, citral, leptospermum, petersonii (Lemon Tree Oil), tocopherol.

Once again, I would like to thank Meredith for inviting me to do a guest post for Beauty O'holic.

3 comments:

  1. Great review Ginger, I haven't tried this out but it doesn't sound like it would be good for my skin type.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion applicable for oily skin type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to visit Ginger at http://beautyandthetravelbeat.com/ and ask her. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...