My favorite Super Hero is my MOM.
Yes, it's not a cartoon or some fantasy character, but she is pretty amazing.
Cost of some things Mom does!
Be glad you don't have to pay her salary.
Here are 52 "job titles" a Mom holds on any given day;
- CEO of the Household
- Personal Chef (clients may consist of picky eaters)
- Head Cheerleader of ___(insert your child's name)___ team
- Taxi Driver (don't expect to receive any tips)
- Judge Mom (daily court appearances)
- PhD in Anger Management
- Hair Stylist (mostly consists of impatient clients)
- Bed-Wetting Patrol Squad
- Keeper of Secrets (shhh...I won't tell)
- Food Tester
- Family Therapist (Intervention at least once a week)
- Toddler Wrestling Coach
- Errand Runner
- Laundry Machine Operator
- Teacher (Specializing in Nursery Rhymes, ABC's and 123's)
- Toy Repair Expert (Fixer of the little parts)
- Finance Manager
- Art Director (Remember - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder)
- Land Scraper (the weeds won't pull themselves)
- Potty Trainer
- Search and Rescue (for lost toys)
- Champion Tickler
- Daycare Provider
- Personal Assistant for the Entire Family
- No-Thumb Sucking Enforcer
- Wardrobe Stylist (this may consist of changing your client's clothes several times a day)
- Personal Shopper
- Toothbrush Inspector
- PTA Mom
- Play-date Coordinator
- Birthday Events Director
- Sleep Scientist (this consists of many overnight studies)
- Scary Monster Patrol Officer
- Dramatic Story Teller
- Backyard Safety Patrol
- Professional Singer (concentrating on lullaby's)
- Boo-Boo Fixer
- Kiss and Hugs Expert
- Speech Specialist
- Vacation Coordinator and Tour Guide
- PhD in Reverse Psychology
- Separation Anxiety Counselor
- In-Law Mediator
- Seamstress of Frilly Dresses and Super Hero Costumes
- Mrs. Fix-It
- Fort Engineer
- Stain Removal Expert
- Lady MacGyver
photo credit - Life Without Pink
I know that there are some Super Dad's out there too!
But you can always call your Mom in times of need,
cause she will always listen!
If you had a Mom like mine, who balanced kids, work and going to college at the same time - then high five her! She is probably the most neurotic and wonderful person you know. I didn't understand until I became a Mom myself, you just want to do more, so that your family can have more. So, hug your Mom, hug your friends Mom's...just in case.