Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Letting Your Nails Go Bare

I'm sure when most of you saw that title, you panicked. "Give up polish?! NEVER!". But fear not. I'm only suggesting that you set aside the OPI and Essie for a week. Then you can go back to all your beautiful colors.



Letting your nails go sans polish for a week can be a good thing, really! Some polishes and treatments can really dry out your nails and cuticles, so spending a week pampering them can go a long way in making them feel and look better. You don't have to put a lot of work into it; just a few minutes a day, and you'll be doing fine. Below are my tips for making the most of that week:

Day One

The first day, remove all polish and strips from your nails, and give them a good scrub with a nail brush. Then put a tiny drop of cuticle remover on each nail , and push back any ragged cuticles with an orange wood stick. Now, I don't know about you, but the second I remove my polish, my nails start to feel dry, weak, and just plain sad. So, if you absolutely must have something on your nails, make it two coats of strengthener (I love OPI Original Nail Envy). Once it dries, slather on a generous dollop of hand cream (Victoria's Secret Hand and Body Creams are amazing). Massage it into your hands and cuticles gently.

Day Two - Seven:

I promise, the first day takes the most time. After that, it's just keeping up with what you started. Each day, until the end of the week, apply another coat of strengthener; massage in some hand cream once or twice a day.

Once the week is over, your nails should feel less dry, your cuticles will be neater and softer, and if you had yellowing nails, this might have taken care of that as well. Go back to your polishes with pride, and repeat this process every few months. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...