Fashion is a very important aspect of our lives, or at least it should be because it helps us feel and look better as well. Dressing with good taste is not all about dressing elegantly, one can look stylish wearing casual outfits as well. Dressing sporty, but chic requires a little bit of fashion knowledge and color coordination, because you need to know what elements work together and what colors enhance your outfit.
Dressing sport does not mean dressing in a boring way. There are certain ways to make your sporty outfits look hot. Dressing sporty, but chic is a solution to looking fabulous every time, even when casually dressed.
When you think about sporty outfits, do not think about baggy t-shirts and sweat pans. Think about a nice pair of leggings with a gorgeous over the thighs long t-shirt, pulled back straight or curly hair and pair of sunglasses. It does not sound as bad anymore, does it?
Here are a few tips to help you be chic and stylish even when dressing sporty:
- Find a nice pair of casual pants that suit you perfectly. The pants can be a little bit loose and worn with a simple or printed t-shirt. Go for simple ones: black, white, pink or in two colors.
- Wear sweatpants long or capri, a nice pair of sneakers or even flip flops with a simple tank top, an over sized handbag and a scarf or a pair of sunglasses. Wear bright color sweatpants if you wish, because vivid colors are popular.
- Accessorize your pants or a sporty shirt with a baseball cap, a handbag and sunglasses.
- Mix and match to create gorgeous one color or multiple toned outfits. Make sure the colors you pick blend well with each other.
- If you are wearing shorts, wear flip flops or sneakers, just make sure your socks are not as visible if you go for the sneakers.
Below are two outfits Hope has put together for you!
James Perse long tank top
Hollister Co. vintage shorts
Jane Norman flat shoes, $20
Monki tote handbag, $43
If you’re not an avid ball game-goer, you may not have invested in a logoed shirt. Then what will you wear?! Simple, color block! With your team’s colors in mind, raid your closet and find some shorts and tops that will work. After finding the perfect outfit, throw on a hat and you’ll be good to go. Hats are a much cheaper investment (or borrow your brother’s). Plus, there is something very chic about a lady in a ball cap.
Victoria's Secret PINK v neck t shirt
Pierre Balmain denim shorts, $160
Mantaray leather handbag, $16
I am not a huge fan of women's sports jerseys. Aside from the fact that they are absurdly expensive, they are also usually quite tacky looking.
Thankfully, Victoria's Secret (link) collaborated with MLB (someone earned big points for that) merchandise and created a line of adorable baseball shirts. each shirt is fashioned as typical baseball tee (white torso & colored three-quarter length sleeves), but cut to fit a woman's body.
Pair it with simple studs, denim cut-off shorts, comfortable sneakers and a cute clutch, this is a foolproof outfit to sport to a ball game with friends or family.
Throw your hair into a cute side braid or updo, and you'll be ready for all the rain, shine and humidity the weather will throw at you.
Meredith and Hope