Monday, May 20, 2013

Monistat vs. Smashbox

Hello Ladies,

I have come across a beauty secret...many of you may already come across it, but it is news to me! Did you know that you can use Monistat Chafing Gel in place of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer??? What???



Imagine to my surprise...after investigating both products, I found that they are actually really similar and lots of people actually do use the Monistat in place of the Smashbox Primer.

Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel's active ingredient is Dimethicone 1.2%, which is listed as a skin protectant.


Dimethicone is also found in the Smashbox Primer, along with other ingredients.


Dimethicone is a silicon based polymer, which is often found in all sorts of cosmetics and hair products. In makeup and face products, it is usually used as a temporary filler for fine lines and wrinkles. It doesn't help fix them long term, just help temporarily fill them in, until washed off.

As far as primers go, they help smooth the surface of the skin, including fine lines, wrinkles and pores, allowing your makeup to apply more evenly and leave a smoother finish. Great huh? Primers also help makeup last longer, no matter what your day looks like. So, I guess with that said, it makes sense that the Monistat would work a primer. Strange, huh?


It is a very drastic price difference. After testing it out for myself, it honestly feels like the same product and they provided the same exact results for me. The ingredients aren't exactly the same, but it honestly does the same thing. Doesn't it make you feel like you are paying for a name??

Going with Monistat will take a lighter toll on your purse, but if you have the money to spend, go ahead and get the Smashbox Primer!

See you next time,

HJ

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...