This is a simple style inspired by any boater's good friend, the square knot!
For more ways to make a knot or a braid,
If you don't know how to do a square knot,
here are some simple instructions:
- First, section off a small amount of hair that you wish to work with (remember, you may or may not want to incorporate your hair in other ways, like I did with the fishtail, but you don't have to)
- Take the section you want to work with and split it in half.
- Take your left hand and put it over the right, bring it under and back up pulling tight.
- Take the right side strand (formerly the left) and do the same.
- Pin this in place however you feel the need to and finish however desired!
Note: I chose the fishtail because it was easy to incorporate the ends of our knot into.