Monday, March 18, 2013

Split Ends?


Chances are, you've committed at least one hair mistake in the past. Either waiting too long to get a haircut, combining your hair while wet, choosing the wrong shampoo for your hair type...we're all guilty of it. Fortunately, hair mistakes are easy to fix.


Delaying Haircuts:
Waiting too long between haircuts is one beauty sin we habitually commit. Stay on top of your hair appointments to keep you hair manageable and beautiful. Waiting too long can cause split ends and leaving your hair dull and giving off an unhealthy appearance.


Choosing the Wrong Shampoo:
Always choose a shampoo that's tailored to your hair needs. Certain shampoos are created for fine, curly, color treated, gray or dandruff-prone hair.

Shampoo that say "for dry and brittle hair" will be too heavy for natural or fine hair. Shampoos intended for oily hair will be too harsh and drying for other types.


Once you have found the best shampoo for your hair, massage it onto your roots and scalp and rinse thoroughly. Any residual shampoo left on your scalp will result in dull locks.


Combing Wet Hair:
I fall victim to this every time I get out of the shower, as I am sure many of us do.

Apparently, when your hair is wet it is more susceptible to damage. It turns out that combing your hair while it's wet and tangled can result in hair breakage in addition to pulling your hair out of the roots. Always use a detangling spray or softening agent before combing through your wet hair.


I use L'Oreal Kids Tangle Tamer for Wet & Dry Hair (I know it's for KIDS, but it still works and it's very inexpensive).


If you are struggling with matted and tangled hair, you are probably using the wrong products for your hair type.


Putting Your Ponytail in the Same Spot:
Your hair is susceptible to breaking when you place your ponytail in the same spot every day. I always put my hair up. While it might not always be up in the same spot, it is relatively close.

A tight pony tail will have residual damage on the hairline, from the pull and tightness, as well as on the area where the ponytail is held by the band.

Lauren Conrad - Beyonce - Rihanna

Switch things up by wearing your hair down, moving the location of the ponytail or by using a less damaging hair tool, such as a barrette, claw or bobby pins. I don't wear my hair up every day. Most of the time my hair is straight and completely down, no ponytails or barrettes. However, as women we have those days that our hair is just in the way - and then I reach for a ponytail. It's easy and I can't lose them.


Towel Drying Your Hair:
It is okay to wrap your hair in a towel after your shower, but rubbing your hair in your towel is a beauty mistake everyone makes. It's not intentional, we just forget. But, rubbing your hair with your towel will leave your hair frizzy, unkempt and less healthy.

I used to constantly rub my hair dry, but now I wring out any excess water from my hair before getting out of the shower, then wrapping it up in a towel for about 10 minutes. On occasion, there is still water dripping from my hair, so I just gently press my hair between a dry towel.

See you next time,

HJ

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...