Monday, March 25, 2013

Hair How-To: Simple Styles

-Amanda

That girl you hate. Sitting next to you with that perfectly curled beach waved hair in the middle of March. Well, she didn't go to the beach during her lunch break and she certainly wasn't born with that. How? How? How? And it stays? What!

It's super simple. I do this to my hair ALL the time.

Preface: my locks air-dry perfectly straight. Ever since I saw my babysitter's (Hey, Tiffany!) hair for her prom in 1997, I wanted natural curls. After trying over 20(!) different beauty products and styling tools, I have finally met my savior. HOT ROLLERS! Sounds like something your mother would use? That's where I got this idea, after all, Mom knows best.

Follow these simple rules below and be the envy of the office:

1. After washing your hair (I even do a day or two after washing) apply a heat protector to your hair. My favorite: Carol's Daughter Macadamia Heat Protection Serum.


2. Roll hot rollers into your mane and spray with your choice of hair spray. I love Oribe's Styling Superfine Hairspray.

3. Do your makeup, make your breakfast, get your kids ready for school. Wait anywhere from 15-30 minutes, depending on how easily your hair curls.

4. Gently take the rollers out of your hair, flip your head and spray once again with the hairspray.


5. If you want to add a little something extra: add volume by teasing the crown with a rat-tail comb or if you have longer hair, pull out a chunk of your hair horizontally, braid it, then wrap it around the top of your head creating a braided head band.


Send us your pics to be posted on our site. We'd love to see your curls looking their best.

1 comment:

  1. My hair also is straight as a board. It's good to know there's something out there that will actually curl my hair and stay that way all day. Not many things can.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...