I decided to write about nail biting today, as it is my go to when I am stressed. Fortunately, I get my nails done so I can avoid that bad beauty habit.
Many people bite their nails because they are nervous, stressed out, hungry or bored.
Why You Shouldn't Bite:
Biting your nails can rip and tear your nails and the skin around your nails, causing bleeding, infections and a lot of pain! (I have never gotten that far.) Another reason to bite your nails: it can damage your teeth.
How To Stop:
It's not easy to stop biting your nails! But here are a few suggestions:
- Each foods rich in calcium and magnesium to help repair your nails and make them grow.
- Distract your mouth. Chew gum, suck on a lollipop, blow balloons or munch on a carrot stick.
- Distract your hands. Take up a hobby like playing video games, drumming, knitting or painting.
- Cover your nails. Wear gloves or wear fake nails.
- Apply a special nail polish that makes your nails taste gross!