Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Customer Service

What is your definition of great customer service?



Your concealer is supposed to be 1 or 2 shades lighter, this is what makes your appear brighter and more awake. Using a concealer 4 shades darker than your face, is simply giving yourself dark circles. Whenever you go to buy foundation or concealer, ask for a sample. Most sale assistants will lie and say they do not have any, but that is only because they want you to buy something. Once you buy something, they will give you samples of anything you want. Why should you have to buy products that you are unsure of? You should ask the sales assistant the next time you are trying on makeup and are unsure. What if it is too dark or too light? That money will go down the drain if your wrong. And it will require extra money to get (an exchange or fight for a refund) for the right one.

Samples guarantee that the product is the right match for you, you can make sure it looks good on you under every lighting. Only when it is the right match do you buy the full size product. If the sales lady says to you that there are no sample containers left, walk away and come back another day. You should never be in a rush to buy something. Some sale assistants (from my own experiences) have made me feel two different ways:

1. That if you do not buy this product, my life will end instantly the next day.
2. If I do not buy this product, it will no longer be on the shelves.

No one has the right to put a gun to your head, so do not buy it unless you have tested out a sample first (in all lightings possible).


If a sale assistant ever gives you a hard time about returning something, ask to speak to their manager. You should never have to give an explanation as to why you are refunding an unopened product. A simple "It did not work for me" or "I change my mind" should suffice.

There is nothing wrong with applying your concealer with your fingers (I have done this many times when I am in a rush and do not have the time to fight with my makeup bag looking for my sponge). Using your ring finger ensures that the product sits better, as the warmth from your fingers melts the cream to just the right temperature and apply to your skin, instead of it sitting on the surface of your skin. The ring finger is also desirable, because you apply less pressure compared to the index and middle finger, so more chance of you being gentle and less chance of wrinkles and under eye skin damage.

If a sale assistant is ever coming off as pushy (like being bullied in school), simple say "No thank you" and walk away. I have issued in the MAC store by me. I have heard from other women that they have had similar issues. Basically, if you do not buy something on the spot, they do everything in their power to keep you from leaving. Do not get me wrong, I love MAC products, but they need to reconsider who they hire for their stores.


Would you consider your latest trip to the cosmetic counter or specifically cosmetic store to have great customer service?

A customer should never feel pressured to buy a product. Forcing and pressuring a customer to the point that they feel like they have to buy the product is not great customer service, because the customer is not happy.  If every sale assistant is pushy and you ask to see the manager and still feel the same, I would suggest saying "no thanks", leaving and writing a letter to the company.

The pros and cons of writing a letter to a cosmetics company:

CONS:
1. The manager and her sale assistants might get a lecture on how to properly get a customer to buy a product (depending on how detailed you are in your letter, of course) and they could be possibly replaced (oops!).

PROS:
1. You could get awesome samples if you state in your letter that all you were trying to do was get samples to buy full size products in the future (detailing your letter to the company is key). Plus, it is not like you are lying, it is all true. You explain to the company your bad experience and they bribe you with samples and sometimes coupons to keep you as their customer. It is a win-win!


I have to admit, I have had some excellent service at times and can not blame all the workers. Some are untrained and simply not good at their jobs. Others are inspiring.

If you have been forced (bullied) to buy a product that you do not like, you are entitled to a full refund or an exchange EVEN if the product is opened or used.


Please feel free to share your comments and experiences below, it could spark another blog related to this one!

See you next time,

HJ

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. That's EXACTLY why I avoid the Mac store. So pushy! My definition of *good* sales assistants, is when they're willing to spend enough time with you to make sure that you're happy with your purchase, and it will work for you. That's why I love the Sephora makeup artists so much :)


    www.thebellebeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Lainey. The MAC ladies by me hover over you 24/7, while the Sephora ladies (one in particular by me, looks like she should be working at Hot Topic) really know their stuff and don't hover. They are kind, gentle and understanding. Which is why I am always at Sephora.

      Delete

I am happy for every comment and always try to answer everybody. If you are waiting for a reply, please check back, I will only answer questions on this blog. Please include your blog link so I can check it out, I love commenting and supporting new blogs! Thank you so much for stopping by! Every single comment is appreciated♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...