Christmas season is the time of numerous parties, get-together's and fun.
That is why you should start to think about your holiday wardrobe now. One of the most important parties you will need to attend is your Office Christmas Party. And if you do not work - the office party of your spouse. Anyhow, before you rush into your favorite boutique for a new outfit, you should review the following dress code guidelines first.
Although everyone thinks that the keyword of "Office Christmas Party" is the word party, we strongly recommend that you focus on the word office. Of course we understand that you worked so hard during the year, got sick of your suite and want to let your hair down, wear your most revealing dress and party hard, but please think again. Yes, you do deserve to have fun, but the Office Christmas Party is not the right time or place to go crazy for several reasons:
- The office is the place you come to work and build your career and a certain image. There will be the same people at the party that you see every day at the office. Do not send mixed impressions about you.
- Keep in mind that all important managers will be attending the party.
- Being fun does not mean drinking a lot. And, in case, you had too much to drink, think about your outfit. Will everything stay in place if you stop controlling your moves?
- Not everyone will be reading this, before attending the party. That is why the majority of your co-workers will have the objective to have fun. So, stay alert, this is a perfect opportunity for you to see who is who in your office. People tend to reveal their true faces when they are drunk or have too much fun.
- People will be taking pictures at the party. Make sure you look decent, because what seemed fun during the party, can have the opposite effect when you find yourself tagged on Facebook.
So, keeping in mind everything mentioned above, we suggest that you not wear anything of the follow:
- Too short
- Too tight
- Too revealing
- Too Casual
You can find different and appropriate Office Christmas Party dresses on Amazon, as well as at other places.
For men, we would suggest to dress according to smart casual or even cocktail attire dressing etiquette. You will never go wrong with a casual suit without a tie.
Office Christmas Parties are the perfect time and place to get to know your colleagues a little bit better and share a good time together. So, relax and enjoy yourself!
Tomorrow is All about the White Tie Event!