Yum, doesn't that look good?!
Yep, it's that time of year again. Thanksgiving is here!
Decorations went up in stores on November 1st,
the Halloween candy went on sale quickly,
and the magazines with all the amazing pie recipes were at every check out counter in town.
Whether you are in a new home or are first your first, second, or fourteenth Thanksgiving dinner,
here is a finalizing checklist - just in case
(If you don't read this in time - prepare for next year - it's never too early):
1. Make sure that you prepare food for EVERYONE that plans on coming. No matter their dietary needs, they will appreciate that you thought of them.
2. When picking your turkey, keep in mind how many people are coming to eat at your home. Try to play about 1-2 pounds per person, you never know. Also, DON'T FORGET...you need to give your turkey enough time to defrost! The bigger the turkey, the longer the wait.
3. If you plan on eating later in the evening, make sure you have plenty of snacks throughout the day.
4. You can make just one kind of dessert or many. Many people don't like pumpkin pie, but love apple pie. Grab three pies! Each a different flavor, that way no one can complain...don't like pie? Get cheesecake! It's your Thanksgiving!
5. If you have any Thanksgiving traditions make sure to incorporate them into the evening.
6. LET OTHERS HELP! If someone offers to help with dishes afterwards or help with cooking, let them!
7. Don't expect everything to be perfect. It won't happen. Just remember that it is a day for families to come together and be thankful. If you drop some food or break a glass...it's no big deal!
8. It's Thanksgiving! Enjoy the time with your family and spend time with your kids! So give thanks to all those that come and for everything that you have!
See you next time,