(also seen in our Creative Nails blog)
(as seen on StylistabySC)
Check out the new hot trend in nail art!
It was bound to happen:
- February 2012 - M.A.C. Cosmetics Senior Artist Keri Blair artfully masterminded three gorgeous velvet nail looks for the stunning Ruffian A/W 2012 Runway Show.
- July 2012 - That gorgeous runway look hit the shelves, courtesy of Ciate'.
Ladies, meet the DIY Velvet Manicure:
Available in three perfect for fall shades:
Berry Poncho (nail polish in Cabaret with purple crushed velvet powder),
Blue Suede (nail polish in 3am Girl with blue crushed velvet powder),
Mink Cashmere (nail polish in Cream Soda with grey crushed velvet powder).
Velvet Your Nails How To:
- Apply your first coat of color on one nail at a time and apply a generous sprinkle of crushed velvet to each wet nail (this is a slow process).
- Use the black brush to sweep away any excess velvet, which can be captured in the accompanying tray provided. Don't discard it - pour it back into the bottle.
- Because of the 3D texture there is no need for a top coat.
Be sure to let us know how you feel about these fuzzy (velvet) nails.
See you next time,